Electrical training courses in Birmingham.
These two new testing and inspection City & Guilds 2391-52 Combined Course qualifications replace and improve on the former 2394/2395 that was previously available to electricians but has since been withdrawn.
- 2391-50 – Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus covers inspection and testing of new work carried out in electrical installations.
- 2391-51 – Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations. The syllabus for this aims to cover period inspection and testing of existing installations to ensure they remain safe and efficient.
- The combined City & Guilds 2391-52 course runs over five consecutive days, the first three days covering fundamental theory.
- The fourth day covering Initial Verification practical and revision followed by an on-line exam sat in the afternoon / evening of the fourth day.
- The fifth day of the City & Guilds 2391-52 course covering Periodic Inspection practical and revision.
A 5 day City & Guilds 2391-52 course for a student possessing knowledge of the wiring regulations and with minimal knowledge of inspection and testing, We strongly recommend City and Guilds 2382 is achieved prior to sitting this course, though this is NOT an entry requirement.
In order to claim the full City & Guilds 2391-52 qualification, students must successfully complete the following:
- Completed during the course each student will sit a 1hr and 30mins online Multiple choice exam
- Then will have to reattend and complete the x2 Practical Assessment which are each 3hrs and 30mins. These are broken down in to the following assessments:
Assessment 1 – 2391–50
- Task A – Initial Verification and Certification of the Complete Installation – 2hrs and 30mins
- Task B – Short Answer Questions – 1hr
Assessment 2 – 2391-51
- Task A – Visual Inspection – 20mins
- Task B – Periodic Inspection and Test – 2hrs
- Task C – Short Answer Questions – 1hr