City and Guilds 2391-52 Inspection and Testing Training course
A great way to increase your earning potential as an electrician is to master a number of sought after and necessary skills. This Inspection & Testing Course delivered by the City & Guilds is the ideal option to take if you are hoping to venture into the lucrative Inspection and Testing field. This course will provide you with the right qualification and the skills to inspect and test in both commercial and domestic settings.
You will learn a number of excellent skills and be provided with the required knowledge based on the principles, practices and the legislation for periodic inspections and testing. There are many topics covered which include health and safety, the correct procedure when working with clients, why inspections are necessary and requirements and methods of testing. You will also learn:
• How to isolate electrical circuits and installations safely
• How to complete electrical installation condition reports and other supporting documentation
• Completing periodic inspections
• The differences between initial verification and periodic inspections
• Safe testing of installations already in service
• Safe testing before circuits have been energised
• How to test energised installations
• How to interpret and understand the results of testing
• Confirmation of the safety of systems and equipment before completion of the testing, inspection and commissioning
• Recording observations and classifications
Who is the Course Aimed Towards?
There are required criteria you’ll need to meet if you would like to attend the City & Guilds 2391 training course. You must have some knowledge of inspecting and testing and preferably hold one of the following two courses:
1. City & Guilds Inspection and Testing Course 2392
2. 18th edition training course 2382
If you don’t hold these qualifications but do have installation and testing experience contact our helpful support team on 0844 3307 382 to discuss your options.
Gain a Recognised Qualification
The City & Guilds are internationally recognised and offer some of the best and most popular courses. The 2391 is the most current inspection and testing course available. Holders of the certificate will be able to test installations in commercial and domestic settings, even those which have previously been installed by other electricians.
You will need to set aside five days to complete the training for the 2391 course. We normally run block courses however a number of our centres now offer a 1 day a week (for 4 weeks) option. All of the content is delivered by fully qualified inspectors ready to pass on their skills to help you pass the tests which follow at the end of the training.
It maybe a case that you will need to return outside of the 5 days to complete the practical exam, please confirm at time of booking if this could be an issue
Assessment and Success
At the end of the four days you will need to successfully pass three assessments in order to be awarded with the Inspection & Testing Certificate from the City & Guilds. The assessments are as follows:
• One online multiple choice assessment in the Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations
• A written assessment in the principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations
• One practical assignment in the principles, practices and legislation of the initial verification and electrical installations
Find out more about this qualification and our other available courses by speaking to one of our team on 0844 3307 382.
"We as a company have nationwide engineers, the Trade Skills booking portal helps us locate a local facility anywhere in the UK with ease!"